He has been a major force in medical blogging, and inspired me to begin blogging in the first place. Numerous posts by me have been stimulated by his lead.
It is certainly the end of an era, and I am especially sad that I have only noticed this fact 3 months down the track due to my inability to keep up with the medical blogging scene.
The impact of his blogging is reflected by the farewells that he has received, and I humbly add myself to the list of bloggers sorry to see him go.
- NHSBLOGDOC. Dr John Crippen - Ward87
- Farewell, friend - The Jobbing Doctor
- Crippen would have loved it - Dr Grumble
- nhsblogdoc - GruntDoc
- And now for something completely different - The Road to Hellth...
- Dr Crippen has gone, please come back? - Northern Doc
- Letter to the Guardian Re: Dr. Crippen - Dancing with the Sandman
Dr Crippen - hopefully we will see you reappear, either as yourself, as a new identity, or if nothing else then in the memory of those who continue to blog, and may our influence and spirit continue to guide us to incisive, critical, entertaining and humorous medical blogging.