Tuesday, February 27, 2007

It's Official: Senseless Killing Saves Lives

Apologies for the hiatus since the last post. I have just been through a period of great change, and more is yet to come. In the meantime, I couldn't let this one go. In the latest issue of the Archives of Surgery is this article suggesting that video games enhance performance on laparoscopic trainers.

I guess that means that all those hours spent playing Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, and The Sims are paying off? (I must say, however, that having worked long hours and not having much of a social life for the last decade I have learnt a great deal about how other people live, or at least how Americans think that other people live, based on The Sims).

Now you know why I've been so quiet for the last few months... I've been brushing up my hand-eye co-ordination skills into the wee hours of the night. I'm still trying to work out whether buying an XBOX 360 or a PS3 would be tax-deductible.

No comments: